Friday, October 9, 2009

Savoring This Time

I just love Friday afternoons: no homework to check for tomorrow; no piano, art or any other lesson to race my children off to; no major commitments scribbled on the calendar for this evening; and especially, I love the anticipation of sleeping in on Saturday morning and enjoying a cup of coffee, sans the usual hectic school routine. It's been a long week, but thankfully, the weekend is approaching, and I feel more than blessed for all that I have. And for all that I am capable of doing. Every day. I'm savoring this time. Right now. Today. This minute. On Friday, as well as on each and every day, God is so good to me.

2 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I don't know about other health problems, but it seems to me that most of my cancer friends have learned to be grateful for "now". What a blessing in disguise is our cancer!

Anonymous said...

What you and WhiteStone have said is so true. Olivia Newton John once said she'd rather be called a "thriver" as much as a "survivor." A big part of being a thriver I believe is loving the simple things in life, knowing what's important and living, really living every minute of it. So glad you are enjoying those moments. God bless!

Kerry Osborne